01 March 2010

How to Endure an Estralarian Mind Meld | The McAllister Code

Have you ever had d�j� vu? You know, when you experience something and it feels like you%u2019ve done it before? What do you call it when you remember an experience that you can%u2019t remember actually experiencing?

There I was, reading about the second habit, trying to Begin with the End in Mind, when all of a sudden I remember learning about it through a conversation I had with two aliens that had once abducted me. Well, it wasn%u2019t actually once. It was a few times. And they didn%u2019t necessarily abduct me. They just%u2026

%u201CIt%u2019s an Estralarian mind meld,%u201D Iman said. He was the taller of the two of them, but even though he loomed over me, he never appeared menacing. More like we were on the same level, which is probably why I never really felt %u201Cabducted.%u201D

%u201CWhat do you mean it%u2019s an Estralarian mind meld?%u201D I asked. %u201CIt doesn%u2019t feel like an Estralarian mind meld.%u201D

The last time I remember getting an Estralarian mind meld, I was in Five Point Park. Okay, it was the only time I remember getting one. It%u2019s not one of those things that happen often and not something you%u2019ll soon forget. Most of what I remember about it is searing pain and blacking out.

%u201CThat%u2019s the one,%u201D said Yewell, the shorter of the two.

%u201CWhat do you mean, %u2018that%u2019s the one%u2019?%u201D I asked. %u201CThis is the mind meld I got in the park?%u201D

%u201CIt only takes one,%u201D he assured.

%u201CBut I don%u2019t remember any of this. I remember pain, blinding pain.%u201D

%u201CYou mean like that?%u201D Iman pointed and we were suddenly at Five Points Park again. Across the grass, I saw myself sitting on a bench, the aliens on either side of me. As they placed their hands on my shoulders, I convulsed and dropped to the ground. They looked at one another and shrugged.

%u201CYeah! That%u2019s it!%u201D I said. As I said it and looked at the aliens beside me, the park vanished and we appeared to be in some sort of nebulous void again. I hadn%u2019t even noticed it earlier. Funny how location just kind of slips your mind when you%u2019re in a nebulous void. %u201CBlacking out. That%u2019s what I remember.%u201D

%u201CBut think about all of the things that you don%u2019t remember,%u201D said Yewell.

%u201CWhat I do remember is quite enough, thank you very much.%u201D

%u201CBut what you have yet to remember is what is most important. That%u2019s why you%u2019re starting to remember it now,%u201D Iman said.

%u201CStarting to remember what now?%u201D I asked.

%u201CAll of the things you%u2019re supposed to write.%u201D

%u201CBut I%u2019ve already written that,%u201D I argued. %u201CRemember? The whole McAllister Code book you had me write with the marketing and the history of business and the thing with the hand.%u201D

%u201CYou%u2019ve only written one aspect of it,%u201D Iman said.

%u201CBut it%u2019s very good,%u201D Yewell added.

%u201CJust delightful, and very funny.%u201D

%u201CI didn%u2019t realize we were so charming and witty.%u201D

%u201CWell,%u201D I countered, %u201Cit%u2019s not the bestseller you said it would be.%u201D

%u201CIt is where we come from.%u201D

%u201COh yes, we all love it. As you know though, humans are a little slow getting around to things like progress and whatnot.%u201D

%u201CYes, it seems like you%u2019ve got to try every way under the sun that doesn%u2019t work before you can try the one way that does.%u201D

%u201COf course, that%u2019s part of what makes you so endearing.%u201D

%u201CAnd entertaining.%u201D

Have I mentioned that aliens can be almost impossible to deal with sometimes?

%u201COh, come on. We%u2019re not that bad,%u201D Iman said.

%u201CHow are you doing that?%u201D I asked%u2026 am asking%u2026 will ask?

%u201CDoing what?%u201D

%u201CHow are you responding to what I%u2019m writing in the present during a conversation we were supposed to have had in the past?%u201D

%u201COh,%u201D he said, %u201Cwe didn%u2019t realize there was a difference. Remember, time is a human constraint. None of the rest of us has much use for it.%u201D

%u201CYou don%u2019t see many elephants wearing wristwatches, do you?%u201D added Yewell. %u201COr sea anemones with sun dials? For most of the cognizant universe, life just is. Breaking it up into distinct parts is strictly a human anomaly.%u201D

%u201CWait a minute,%u201D I said. %u201CYou%u2019re saying that all of this %u2013 past, present, and, future %u2013 is all actually happening at the same time?%u201D

Yewell sighed. %u201CNo, it happens at different times, but it all happens simultaneously.%u201D

%u201CThat doesn%u2019t make any sense,%u201D I said.

%u201CThat%u2019s the reason we gave you the mind meld. So that it would make sense.%u201D

%u201CWell, it%u2019s not helping!%u201D I argued.

%u201COf course it is,%u201D Iman reassured. %u201CThat%u2019s how you%u2019ve gotten this far.%u201D

%u201CHuh?%u201D

%u201CMost of your paradigms,%u201D Iman began to explain, %u201Care communicated through a series of steps, a sequence of realizations that are revealed to people one at a time. However, they are all components of one truth. Take these 7 habits of highly effective people you%u2019ve been writing about. You read about them one at a time, write about them one at a time, possibly even implement them one at a time, but they are all practiced simultaneously to achieve the state called effectiveness.%u201D

%u201CThat makes sense,%u201D I said.

%u201COf course it does,%u201D he added. %u201CAfter all, you don%u2019t develop a mind meld by being a ninny.%u201D

See what I mean? Impossible.

%u201CYou want impossible?%u201D Yewell said. %u201CTry teaching the meaning of life to a human sometime.%u201D

%u201CSo why am I experiencing a mind meld that happened in a different time?%u201D

%u201CBecause now you%u2019re ready,%u201D Iman said.

%u201CReady for what?%u201D I asked.

%u201CTo take the next step.%u201D

%u201CAnd that is?%u201D

%u201CWell, you%u2019re being proactive, and you%u2019ve begun with the end in mind%u2026 So what%u2019s next?%u201D

%u201CPut first things first?%u201D I offered.

%u201CThere might just be hope for your species after all.%u201D

http://www.themcallistercode.com/2010/01/the-adventure-begins/ " width="468" />

  • Share/Bookmark

Posted via web from Steve's posterous

No comments: