“I’m a former hippie, so clothes are important to me – your clothes defined you in that period. I guess clothes still defines people. But, I change a lot. I’m in my Brooks Brothers period now.” – John Hughes
Does a change of clothes automatically bring about a change of heart? Are the ideas of peace and love diminished because no one is wearing tie-tied t-shirts anymore? I think that clothes defined the first wave of hippies, but I think we’ve grown as a species, evolved beyond being defined by our wardrobe. The modern hippie has a heart that is unchangeable, devoted to peace, love, and conscious living, regardless of what he is wearing.
Related posts:
- {New} Your Daily Groove – Turn On, Tune In, and Drop Out
- Your Daily Groove – The Power of Service
- Your Daily Groove – Look to Nature
- Your Daily Groove – The Choice for Peace
- Your Daily Groove – Let Your Light Shine
- Your Daily Groove – Be Healthy Now
- Your Daily Groove – Lift
- Your Daily Groove – Divine in Nature
Tags: Daily Groove, eco-fashion, Fashion, hippie clothes, Steve McAllister, Wellness
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 at 7:00 am and is filed under Fashion, Stuff, Wellness. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
03 February 2010
Daily Groove | Modern Hippie Mag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment