I called off from work for the last three nights, with what started as a minor cold and has morphed into a seemingly endless flu. The irony is that I was offered a free flu shot on more than one occasion from the hospital that employs me. However, it is my experience that the flu shot gives you flu like symptoms so I figured I would just take my chances with the real thing. And thither she comes.
So here it is, New Year's Eve, I've finally worked up enough strength to leave the house and go to the library for some DVD's to watch since I have exhausted my collection. And I am so desperate for entertainment, that I actually checked out "Don't Blame It On the Zohan." Obviously, I am sicker than I previously imagined.
But as the clock strikes midnight tonight, and I take my old calendar off of the wall, will I start the year as one who is sick or will I start it as one who is in the process of healing. I think I'm going to heal. Sickness has already done its job and holds no meaning for me anymore.
31 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment